The Pitch 2 Pitch facility is now open for offseason workouts. The cages are available on an open basis at the times listed above until February 1st.
Chaska Metro Director
10 Year Old Age Commissioner
11 Year Old Age Commissioner
12 Year Old Age Commissioner
13 Year Old Age Commissioner
14 Year Old Age Commissioner
Chaska Metro Baseball is for those individuals who exhibit a higher commitment to developing their Baseball skills while competing at a higher level. It requires greater commitment, in that each participant is expected to attend all practices and weekend tournaments. Players will practice 1-2 times per week and will have league games 2 times per week. Each team also plays in 4 state qualifier tournaments (with travel) attempting to earn a berth in 2 state tournaments. Parents are expected to be involved in fundraising and volunteering at various events. The goal of Chaska Metro Traveling Baseball is to develop skills, confidence, sportsmanship, teamwork and to have fun.
Chaska is a member of the Metro Baseball League and is offered in grades 4 through 8. Traveling Baseball brings more focus on competition and skill development. Metro teams are formed of our best players to compete with the best players from other communities in the area. Two to four teams will be formed per grade with an AAA-AA-A format with twelve players per team. Teams are formed according to age guidelines set by the Metro Baseball League (rules found at the following website…https://www.mbl.bz/mbl/mbl/rules/).
An independent group chosen by the Chaska Baseball Association Executive Board will conducts tryouts and is responsible for evaluations
1. Emphasize a higher level of competitiveness.
2. Teach individual skills.
3. Focus on development of team concepts and ideals.
4. Teach players to be respectful to each other, opponents, umpires and the game.
5. Learn to win or lose with class and good sportsmanship and represent the organization as such.
6. Develop players and teams with the ability to compete at the top level.
7. Develop future varsity Baseball players.
8. Foster an environment that teaches and stresses the importance of the team over individual players.
9. Facilitate an environment where each team member feels they serve an important role on his team.